Italian Herb & Cheese Bread. Italian Herb Bread I. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Italian seasoning is a blend of dried Italian-inspired herbs such as basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, and thyme. Exact ingredients and quantities vary by brand.
I was cooking something that needed italian herbs but didn't have any, and it took me a little while to find what the usual ingredients are so thought I'd post it here. Italian Seasoning is a blend of ground herbs used to flavor many Italian cuisine dishes. Herbs commonly included are basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, sage, or coriander. You can have Italian Herb & Cheese Bread using 11 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Herb & Cheese Bread
- It’s 2 packages of active dry yeast.
- You need 2 cups of warm water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 4 tablespoons of butter softened.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of sea salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of each:.
- It’s of Onion powder, garlic powder, basil, oregano, parsley.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan romano cheese.
- Prepare 5 1/2-6 cups of bread flour.
- You need 1 of egg beaten for eggwash.
- It’s of Melted butter for brushing after baked.
Pre-blended herbs are rare in Italy itself, though can be found in Bologna by the name of salamoia Bolognese. Italian Herb Bruschetta Chicken is a low carb alternative to a traditional Bruschetta! Transform ordinary chicken into a delicious, flavourful meal! A wide variety of italian herb options are available to you, such as processing type, shape, and certification.
Italian Herb & Cheese Bread instructions
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water (110 degrees).
- While yeast is proofing, mix flour, spices, salt and cheese together until well combined..
- When yeast is frothy, add softened butter and add mixture to flour mixture..
- I use my bread machine on dough cycle but you can use mixer with hook attachment or knead by hand..
- Knead until a soft ball forms and pulls away from sides of bowl. It should feel smooth and when you touch it should not stick to finger..
- If it is to sticky, add a few tablespoons of bread flour and knead until consistency described above. If it is dry, add teaspoon of water at a time and refer to above instructions..
- The dough should be smooth and elastic. Knead for 10 minutes with hook and check..
- When dough is smooth and elastic, grease a large bowl with oil or cooking spray..
- Roll dough in bowl to cover with oil and cover. Let rise until double in size..
- Punch down dough and turn out on lightly floured surface..
- Roll out dough to rectangle. I usually roll out 9×13. If you want smaller loaves roll out larger and it makes more also..
- Spread with softened butter. I add garlic and herbs to my butter but its optional..
- With sharp knife of pizza cutter, cut into 4 equal pieces. More if rolled out larger. Roll each piece wider..
- Roll each piece up from long side like making cinnamon or jelly rolls. Pinch ends together and tuck under..
- Repeat with remaining dough. You should have 4 loaves..
- Place seam side down in 9×13 inch pan width wise not lenghth..
- I sometime put shredded cheese on dough with butter before rolling. Roll out to 9×13 and roll long side up jelly roll style. Cut into equal pieces. Place in oiled 9×13 dish. Rise and brush with egg wash, cheese and herbs. Bake until golden and cooked through. Brush with garlic herb butter..
- Brush with oil and cover. Let rise until double in size..
- Brush tops with eggwash. Sprinkle with more parmesan cheese and herbs if desired. I also top with shredded cheese also..
- Bake at 325 for 35 to 45 minutes. If tops are browning to fast, cover with foil..
- Test for doneness after 30 minutes. I cook on lower temp longer because of all the layers it takes a bit to cook through..
- When done, brush with butter or garlic butter with parsley..
De re coquinaria was one of the earliest cookbooks written, in the first century AD. Of all of our herb blends, Italian Herbs is the number one best seller. Italian Herb & Parmesan Bread (Bread Machine – Abm)Easy Italian Recipes. Garlic Cheese Italian herb bread for the bread makerRecipeLand.com. This Italian Herb Grilled Chicken recipe is a summer staple – pair it up with salad or pasta, or serve This Italian Herb Grilled Chicken was perfect for a quick weeknight dinner.