Wonton Pizza Rolls. We all know and love those addicting frozen pizza rolls! They are the most addicting after school/after work. Crispy baked won-ton wrappers make the perfect base for bite sized pizza poppers!
Although they take some time to make, they freeze well. So when we're through, we get to enjoy the fruits of our labor for. Put a slightly heaping teaspoon of filling in the middle of. You can have Wonton Pizza Rolls using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Wonton Pizza Rolls
- Prepare 1 packages of square wonton wrappers.
- Prepare 1 jar of Barilla marinara sauce (or your favorite marinara sauce).
- Prepare 1 of shredded mozerella cheese.
- It’s 1 packages of pepperoni slices, quartered or mini pepperoni.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 small of cup of water.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 of canola oil for frying.
View top rated Homemade pizza rolls with wonton wrappers recipes with ratings and reviews. Baby Egg Rolls With Soy Sesame Dipping Sauce, Carrot Wonton Ravioli With Emerald Pesto Wonton Pizza Rolls. Add just enough spaghetti sauce to let the ingredients stick together. In this easy pizza wontons recipe, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, olives and garlic are baked (not fried!) into Crispy Baked Pizza Wontons.
Wonton Pizza Rolls instructions
- Start by taking wonton wrapper and putting 1/4 tsp. of marinara sauce on one corner of the wrapper facing you. Layer with pepperoni and mozerella cheese..
- Take your finger, dip it in water and lightly moisten all 4 edges of the wonton wrapper around filling..
- Take the corner of the wrapper facing you and fold upwards towards the top corner about halfway..
- Tuck in each side of the wrapper over the folded corner and roll towards the top corner to seal the roll..
- Dip the rolled pizza roll into the beaten egg, then breadcrumbs..
- Fill, roll and bread all wonton wrappers before frying, as they cook quickly. Set aside in a single layer on paper plates so they dont stick to each other. If the wonton wrappers dry out a little that's fine, they're easier to handle that way..
- Heat about 2 to 3 inches of canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. If oil is too hot, filling will bust out of the wrappers so watch your heat closely..
- Fry each pizza roll on each side 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Drain on paper towels..
- Serve with remaining marinara sauce or ranch dressing. Enjoy!.
These are my homemade take on pizza rolls, and my. Who knew that homemade pepperoni pizza rolls could be this easy? All the saucy, cheesy The pizza variation that has really won us over the last few months, though, are these homemade. Look for wonton wrappers in the produce section in your grocery store. They are refrigerated and should be near the egg roll wrappers.