Taco pizza. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Stir in chili powder and cayenne pepper; set aside.
The baked crescent dough is soft, buttery, fluffy, and addicting. While tostada shells and taco shells are traditionally used for Taco Tuesday, this Taco Pizza is also a perfect Taco Tuesday dinner idea. Convenient prebaked crust makes this tasty taco pizza as easy as can be. You can cook Taco pizza using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Taco pizza
- You need 2 of tubes (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent rolls.
- Prepare 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened.
- You need 1 cup (8 oz) of sour cream.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey.
- It’s 1 packet of taco seasoning mix.
- Prepare 1 of medium tomato, chopped (I used 3-4 Roma tomatoes, can use cherry tomatoes cut in half.).
- You need 2 cups of Mexican cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded lettuce.
This is a great recipe, especially if you have teenagers. I never thought I could do a taco pizza without meat (meat lover here!), but this one has changed my mind. I'm really trying to do some healthier versions of our favorites and I'm adding this one to the list for sure!! You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io Taco Pizza.
Taco pizza instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough and layout on the ungreased cookie sheet. Pinch the perforations together to seal. Don’t worry about it being perfect; you just don’t want any big gaps..
- Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown and cool Completely..
- Beat together the softened cream cheese and sour cream until it’s easy to spread. Set aside in Refrigerator.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet and drain any grease. Stir in the taco seasoning and water (according to the package directions on the taco seasoning packet.) (I did this 1st then let the meat sit in the Refrigerator to cool down).
- Pull the cream cheese mixture out of the Fridge and Spread over crescent roll after it has cooled completely,and sprinkle evenly with the ground beef.(I used my hands to put the meat on, started with a spoon and it was just easier with my hands if you don’t mind the mess.).
- You won’t completely cover the cream cheese layer with the ground beef; there’s plenty of other toppings so don’t worry.(I had enough) Next, sprinkle with the lettuce and tomatoes, then the cheese.
- Notes- If you plan to make Taco Pizza the night before, I recommend waiting until just before serving before adding the lettuce, tomato, and cheese to prevent any sogginess. If taking to a party or cook out, wait and dress it right before serving it. (the cream cheese mixture can be put on and wrapped up, it only takes about 5 mins to top it with everything.) I made this for dinner, and Served it right away..
- Hot sauce added.
Who needs a taco shell when you can have our hand-tossed original crust? Topped with double beef, fresh-sliced onions, diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, cheddar and real cheese made from mozzarella, nacho cheese corn chips on taco sauce and refried beans. Served with a side of taco sauce and sour cream packets. DELIVERY & CARRYOUT LOCATIONS ARE OPEN! Order pizza online from a store near you.