Mexican Pizza. Have a fast and tasty Mexican Pizza with this recipe from Delish.com. We're using the term pizza VERY loosely. We say, if Taco Bell does it, we can, too.
This fabulous and easy Mexican pizza recipe uses a pork, onion, and taco sauce mixture for great taste, and is topped with shredded cheeses. If you're tired of the same old pizza, consider giving it a Mexican twist. By combining tortillas with your favorite taco, burrito, and quesadilla fillings, you can create a delicious variation on the usual. You can have Mexican Pizza using 22 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Pizza
- It’s of Crust.
- You need 1 cup of GF flour mix.
- It’s 3/4 cup of masa.
- You need 1/4 cup of corn meal.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of shortening.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of yeast.
- You need 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of taco bell mild sauce.
- You need of Toppings.
- Prepare of Cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Mozzarella cheese.
- It’s To taste of taco meat.
- It’s of Lettuce.
- You need of Tomatoes.
- You need of Plain yogurt.
- It’s of Anything else that sounds good!.
Mexican Pizza. "My husband and I created the recipe for this hearty snack," relates Braham, Minnesota field editor Sandra McKenzie. Mexican Pizza Recipe photo by Taste of Home. This Mexican pizza recipe is layers of taco meat and beans sandwiched between two crispy shells and topped with These Mexican pizzas are so easy to make at home, my kids request them all the time! Hey what's round and fried and red all over?
Mexican Pizza step by step
- Pre heat oven to 400°.
- Bloom the yeast in the water with the sugar..
- Mix the remaining dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and work in the shortening. Using a manual pastry blender works great but a fork would work too..
- Stir the bloomed yeast into the dry ingredients and let stand for about half an hour. The dough will rise slightly but nothing like a traditional dough recipe..
- Spread the dough out onto a parchment lined baking sheet or large greased baking dish. I used a baking dish this time and it worked out good, but next time I'll use a baking sheet because it will be easier to cut the pizza when done..
- Par bake the crust for 8 minutes. If it still feels a little under done put it back in for another 5 minutes..
- Mix the tomato sauce and taco bell mild sauce together spread into an even layer across the whole crust..
- Cover edge to edge with your favorite taco meat..
- Cover with the cheddar and mozzarella then bake for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes if the cheese doesn't have any color move to the top rack and bake for another 2-3 minutes..
- Cut and cover with you favorite toppings..
An anthropomorphised beach ball who A Mexican pizza is one of their most famous (and delicious) creations and if you have never allowed. These Mexican Pizzas are great to either make ahead and freeze, or make fresh for a mid week meal. That order was super familiar to me, because when. Veggie mexican pizza is perfact anytime. Mexican Pizza is a fusion of two of the best cuisines.