Iz's Baked Potato Bread. Add ingredients according to Automatic Bread machines instructions. This dough will be very dry. Resist the urge to add water.
Baking a potato in the oven does require a little more time than zapping it in the microwave, but it's mostly hands-off time. The perfect baked potato is crispy on the outside and pillowy in the middle. Scrub the potato and prick it with a fork to prevent steam from building up and causing the potato to explode in your oven. You can cook Iz's Baked Potato Bread using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Iz's Baked Potato Bread
- It’s 1 cup of bread flour.
- It’s 1/2 cup of potato flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of bacon bits.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper – I LOVE pepper, you may want to cut that by half..
- You need 3/4 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of instant yeast.
- You need 3 1/2 oz of ice water – just shy 1/2 cup.
- It’s 1 oz of cheese – manchego or sharp cheddar.
A wide variety of baked potato bread options are available to you, such as feature, baking & pastry tools type, and packaging. Thick and moist, freshly baked potato bread tastes nothing like grocery store potato rolls. Good for soaking up the juices of pulled pork, meatballs, or stews, this tasty bread also works well in grilled cheese or nut butter and jelly sandwiches. Toast it and spread butter on it for breakfast, make French.
Iz's Baked Potato Bread step by step
- Add all ingredients but water and cheese to a bowl.
- Mix ingredients together.
- Add water.
- Mix until incorporated, work on lightly floured table until smooth and a bit warmed. (The ice water is to give you enough time to work this dough without it getting too warm.).
- Place back into bowl and cover..
- Allow to double. About 2 hours..
- Shape into peasant shape. It should resemble a baked potato. Place on a cormeal dusted pan. Cover with plastic wrap..
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Allow to double again. About 90 minutes. Or when it holds a dimple when pressed with a finger. For a more realistic look wash with egg, simple syrup, or half & half. If you prefer not to, it will not affect the flavor, only the appearance. With a razor blade or sharp knife cut the length of the loaf..
- Top with shredded cheese and bake for 20 – 30 minutes or more until hollow sounding when tapped on bottom or internal temperature reaches 180°F – 200°F..
- Allow to cool..
Water, bread flour, milk, skim, (non fat) powder, sugar, salt, sour cream, potatoes, instant, bacon bits, chives, yeast, active dry. This dough will be very dry. Resist the urge to add water. White potatoes make bread fluffy but they add no flavor. When I added squash to bread dough, it made the bread a very pale orange, and the flavor was very subtle.