Homemade Bread Crumbs.
You can have Homemade Bread Crumbs using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Bread Crumbs
- It’s 1 of left over bread (any kind) I used a 1/2 loaf of french bread and slices of rye bread.
- It’s 1 of fresh herbs (1 med sprig rosemary,couple sprigs thyme,6 large leaves of basil)chopped fine.
- It’s 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic salt (or regular salt).
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
Homemade Bread Crumbs step by step
- Heat oven to 300°F..
- If using loaf bread, slice it open lengthwise. Take bread place single layer on large baking sheet. Sprinkle fresh herbs over bread and bake for about 45 minutes. (You want the bread to be dry through out).
- Let bread completely cool down then break into smaller pieces and throw in food processor and chop till fine.(do in small batches).
- Put bread crumbs in large ziplock bag and add italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and parmesan cheese. Shake bag good to incorporate everything good..
- I store mine in the refrigerator..
- To make plain breadcrumbs do not add seasonings to bread crumbs..