Wonton Pizza Rolls. We all know and love those addicting frozen pizza rolls! They are the most addicting after school/after work. Crispy baked won-ton wrappers make the perfect base for bite sized pizza poppers!
This is my husband's version of store-bought pizza rolls, and our family loves them. Although they take some time to make, they freeze well. So when we're through, we get to enjoy the fruits of our labor for. You can have Wonton Pizza Rolls using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Wonton Pizza Rolls
- Prepare 1 packages of square wonton wrappers.
- You need 1 jar of Barilla marinara sauce (or your favorite marinara sauce).
- Prepare 1 of shredded mozerella cheese.
- You need 1 packages of pepperoni slices, quartered or mini pepperoni.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 small of cup of water.
- It’s 1 of egg, beaten.
- Prepare 1 of canola oil for frying.
View top rated Homemade pizza rolls with wonton wrappers recipes with ratings and reviews. Baby Egg Rolls With Soy Sesame Dipping Sauce, Carrot Wonton Ravioli With Emerald Pesto Wonton Pizza Rolls. Take one wonton wrapper and dampen the outer edges using a small amount of water on your finger. Add just enough spaghetti sauce to let the ingredients stick together.
Wonton Pizza Rolls step by step
- Start by taking wonton wrapper and putting 1/4 tsp. of marinara sauce on one corner of the wrapper facing you. Layer with pepperoni and mozerella cheese..
- Take your finger, dip it in water and lightly moisten all 4 edges of the wonton wrapper around filling..
- Take the corner of the wrapper facing you and fold upwards towards the top corner about halfway..
- Tuck in each side of the wrapper over the folded corner and roll towards the top corner to seal the roll..
- Dip the rolled pizza roll into the beaten egg, then breadcrumbs..
- Fill, roll and bread all wonton wrappers before frying, as they cook quickly. Set aside in a single layer on paper plates so they dont stick to each other. If the wonton wrappers dry out a little that's fine, they're easier to handle that way..
- Heat about 2 to 3 inches of canola oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. If oil is too hot, filling will bust out of the wrappers so watch your heat closely..
- Fry each pizza roll on each side 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Drain on paper towels..
- Serve with remaining marinara sauce or ranch dressing. Enjoy!.
Place a wonton wrapper on the table with one corner facing you. In this easy pizza wontons recipe, pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, olives and garlic are baked (not fried!) into Crispy Baked Pizza Wontons. These are my homemade take on pizza rolls, and my. Who knew that homemade pepperoni pizza rolls could be this easy? Pepperoni Pizza Rolls-these easy pizza rolls are made with pizza dough and stuffed with pepperoni and mozzarella cheese.