Pizza shortbread. Be the first to review this recipe. Who says shortbread has to be sweet and only available at Christmas? Brown Sugar Shortbread Pizza Cookie: Prepare as directed, except substitute packed brown sugar for the granulated sugar.
Savoury lil shortbreads, pizza flavoured with oregano and smoked paprika! Scottish shortbread is a biscuit to really sink your teeth into. Crumbly, dense and rich, it's made with a generous amount of butter, which gives it its melt-in-the-mouth texture. You can cook Pizza shortbread using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza shortbread
- Prepare 2 cups of or 500 ml all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of margarine or 250 ml (you can also use butter).
- Prepare of l1/2 cup or 125 ml grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 2 tbsp of or 30 ml finely chopped pimiento.
- Prepare 1 tsp of or 5 ml dried oregano.
- It’s 1 ml of salt.
- It’s Pinch of garlic.
- Prepare 1 ml of pepper flakes.
- You need 1/4 tsp of or 1 ml dried sweet basil.
- It’s of Optional.
- It’s of Paprika sprinkle.
So the shortbread needs a touch of vanilla and a little nutmeg. These shortbreads are full of sweet, buttery flavour. This Scottish shortbread recipe is simple and delicious. If you're having the family over for afternoon tea, this biscuit recipe is perfect.
Pizza shortbread step by step
- Combine all ingredients except paprika (flour, butter, cheese, pimiento,oregano, and basil etc) in medium bowl.
- Shape into 2 rolls about 11/2” (3.8cm) in diameter. Cut into 1/4 “ (6mm) slices. I had to use measuring tape and I used Saran Wrap to roll the dough – it was just easier..
- Arrange on ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. I did not use paprika because my husband has allergies to some types and it causes him to have an upset tummy..
- Bake at 375 f (190 c) oven for about 10 mins. Makes about 46 shortbread cookies.
Intr-un castron, se pune untul taiat cubulete si se adauga faina. Se framanta bine, dupa care se adauga un plic de zahar vanilat si zaharul brut. Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Cream the butter and sugar in another bowl. Mix the flour into the butter.